Hello all, this is our new Mummy Daughter Food Blog, welcome to Fox Who Cooks.
I am Traci (Mummy) and with my daughter Miss M, we hope to take you with us on a fabulous journey of our passion for all things baking and cooking, we love to cook together in our kitchen. We are big on healthy nutritional school lunches and hearty dinners as Dad works long days at the factory.
We love to make cooking fun and inclusive, my little Fox is often in the kitchen apron adorned. She has a collection to choose from Snow White, Elsa inspired, Elephants, Pastel, Masterchef… she is a girl on a mission with her recipe journal in hand and our cookbook collection!
First one up with have a delicious and healthy Brownie recipe we made today, with a secret ingredient of 2 zucchinis, you get a sweet treat and a serve of veggie all in one!
Let’s get cooking!
Super Healthy Brownies
2 cups Plain Flour
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cups Castor Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 Tbsp Milk
3 Tbsp Water
2 cups Grated Zucchini (2 small zucchinis)
- Pre heat oven to 180′ degrees celsius. Grease and flour your lamington or slice tin.
- Grate your 2 small zucchinis into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add your dry ingredient together, flour, cocoa powder, bicarb soda and salt, whisk together.
- In a third (large) bowl place sugar, oil, vanilla
- and egg. Mix together well until sugar is starting to dissolve in liquid.
- Next add in the bowl of dry ingredients, to the bowl of wet. Stir together until fully combined.
- Add the grated zucchini into the mix, with a spatula fold through until the zucchini is fully mixed in.
- Finally add in the water and milk. Fold this through well.
- Pour mixture into prepared lamington slice tin.
- Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes, check centre is cooked before removing, some ovens may vary 5 minutes.