What could taste any better on a Sunday morning than Chocolate Waffles with homemade chocolate sauce and berries. My mouth watered as Miss Fox announced “let’s make Chocolate Waffles this morning”!
It didn’t take long before the waffle iron was heating up (we got ours a few years ago in the Boxing Day sales form Harvey Norman) and I love how you can make a batch but have at least half a dozen spare to use the next day.
Double Dutch Chocolate Waffles
and Homemade Chocolate Sauce
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Dutch Processed Cocoa
1 Cup Milk
1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
200g Cooking Chocolate ( I used a mix of milk and dark)
1. Melt butter in the microwave for 20 seconds.
2. Place butter & sugar into a large mix bowl and combine together.
3. Add one egg at a time and stir well.
4. Then add in the cocoa, half milk and half flour, stir until combined.
5. Add in the remaining milk and flour, and mix through.
6. Melt chocolate in micowave (or on stove top in heavy based sucepan), and then add melted chocolate in to the bowl in 3 parts to ensure it doesn’t seize.
7. Once fully mixed to a batter (thick cream consistency), you can add the batter in the heated waffle gridle/iron as show in picture.
8. Cookie for time on the counter or 4 minutes approximately.
Home Made Chocolate Sauce
125g Cream (I use thickened light cream)
1. Place chocolate in a heat proof bowl broken up into the squares.
2. Pour cream into a small saucepan and place on low heat on stove top.
3. Heat cream until it just starts to bubble but not boil.
4. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate in the bowl.
5. Start to stir chocolate straight away and keep stirring until all chocolate has melted into the cream.
6. Pour into a small jar to use on waffles.
Waffles make 8-10
Keep covered, last 2 days.
Serve with strawberries and cream or ice cream optional.