Oranges and Lemons in recipes and treats is definately my favourite thing to add, and Little Fox is a huge lemon fan.
So to thrown in a citrus item for the school holidays we came up with an Orange Cake Slice to snack on between meals.
Orange Cake Slice
3/4 Cup Castor Sugar
1 Orange – Zest and Juice of half (or 1/4 cup)
1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1. Pre heat oven to 180C.
2. Put the butter and sugar into a large bowl and cream together until light and fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix in.
4. Add the zest of one orange, and the juice of a half cut orange.
5. Beat this through well.
6. Seive in the flour and mix together until fully combined to the batter.
7. Pour into a prepared pan (I used a lamington tin).
8. Put in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
9. Remove and cool before turning out of the tin (approx 20 mins)
2 Cups Icing (Confectioners) Sugar
2 Tbsp Milk
1 tsp Orange Zest
2 Tbsp Orange Juice
1. Add all ingredients into a small bowl and mix well.
2. You need this to be a thick but smooth consistancy to frost the cake without it runny off.
3. To check run your spoon through centre and see how long it takes to fill the space, 10+ seconds
4. Pou over the cool cake and run a knife or spatula to smooth it evenly.
5. Add sprinkles or embellishments.