This is a fun recipe to make with the kids, its super easy, hard to make a mistake, and best of all it tastes great. I suggest cutting it smaller than I did, my squares were quite filling. I’d go with 4 across and then into squares from there.
The USA has Jam Dodgers and we use to have them many years ago in Australia, however we now don’t and instead I used a Strawberry Shortcake Biscuit. The fun for Little Fox was arranging the biscuits on top in the cool pattern.
Jam Dodger Squares
250g White Chocolate – chopped
250g Caster Sugar
3 large Eggs
1tsp Vanilla Extract
300g Plain Flour
3tbsp Strawberry Jam
1. Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
2. Grease and flour lamington/slice pan.
3. Put the butter and chocolate into a medium heavy based saucepan and place it on a Med-low heat, stir continuously.
4. Once fully melted, remove from the heat.
5. In the electric mixer, add together your sugar and eggs and mix on medium until combined.
6. Gradually pour in the melted chocolate to your egg mixture, ensure that it is slightly cooled so it doesn’t cook the egg whites.
7. Remove from mixer, and add flour in 2-3 parts and mix by hand.
8. Ensure it is fuly combined.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
10. Using a teaspoon, put spoons of jam aroudn the top and then lightly swirl.
11. USing the 11-13 Biscuits, arrange into a pattern on the top, placing lightly so they ‘float’.
12. Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
13. Once removed ensure it is fuly cooled down before cutting into squares.
Makes 15-20 Squares.