Little Fox loves to make a school treat with me on Sundays in preperation for the week again for everyone to have. It doubles in value if you can put it with ice cream after dinner a few nights.
This week was no exception with a school favourite of our Cinnamon Apple Slice, I highly recommend it, super easy for the kids to do almost single handedly.
Cinnamon Apple Slice
2 medium Pink Lady Apples – peeled, cored and cut into 1cm pieces
1/2 can Pie Apples (not shown in photo as I swapped out 2 apples)
2 cups Self Raising Flour
1/2 cup Brown or Raw Sugar
125gm Butter – melted
1 large Egg
1/3 Cup Milk
1 Tbsp Raw Sugar (Topping)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon (Topping)
1. Preheat oven on 190C degrees.
2. Peel, Core and Cut up the apples and place into a bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients and stir through apples.
4. Melt butter in microwave on 20 seconds and mix through the mixture.
5. Add the beaten egg and milk and stir lightly to combine thoroughly but not over mixing or it will break up the apples.
6. Pour the mixture in a prepared lamington tin (greased & floured).
7. In a small bowl combine the raw sugar and cinnamon, stir and sprinkle over the top of the wet cake mix creating a topping.
7. Then place the lamington tin with batter into the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden on top.
8. Remove and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes for cutting. Be aware if you tip out the cake before cooling it will break or crack.
9. Cut into squares to serve.
Makes 15-18 sqaures.
Keeps for 4 days if covered with plastic and kept cool. If it sweats it will grow mildew.