School Holidays are such fun for us, a break from the hussle and bussle and getting up with the sparrows and flying out the door. Baby Fox isn’t a big fan of bread, not toast, not sandwiches…. aaaand combined with that she won’t drink milk by itself so cereal is out for us! School days its often premade pikelets, berries & yoghurt, a crossiant or a slice of my homemade banana bread. If we’re in a super hurry is a fresh banana on the go!
Therefore we love in school holiday time to crack open the pancakes, waffles and cooked breakfasts and sit down to enjoy. Here we have our latest favourite, Little Fox scoffed down 9 pikelets on this morning.
Pikelet Fruit Skewers
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter – melted
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Plain Flour
2 tsp (or 1/2 tbsp) of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Bi-carb Soda
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Milk
1. In a large bowl add your egg with brown sugar and whisk them together.
2. Then melt butter, 25 seconds in microwave on high.
3. Add the butter to your mix and stir thoroughly.
4. Next add your vanilla and stir through along with your dry ingredients of flour, baking powder and bi-carb soda with half the milk at a time.
5. Finally put in your cinnamon and stir your batter until smooth without lumps.
6. Heat your fry pan, I do not grease the pan, I use non stick tefal as I feel the butter burns in the pan and takes away the taste.
7. Using a soup diner spoon or a tablespoon I add 5 seperate spoonfuls around the pan, and leave to cook for about 3-4 minutes, the first upper side with slightly bubble to show they are cooked, peek then flip and cook for 3-4 minutes on the 2nd side.
8. Once all pikelets are cooked then you can arrange them onto your skewers with fruit of your choice. We chose sliced bananas, rapsberries, strawberries and blueberries.
9. Serve drizzled with maple syrup.
Made 18-20 mini pikelets.