The best thing about the recipe is that it is fuss free and quick to prepare in 2 parts. A great thing to cook on a sunday to have ready for the week.
Can be made in indivdual tart tins for entree or a glass small lasange dish for a slice style or in mini muffin tin for lunchbox treats.
1/2 Qld Blue Pumpkin (or Butternut) – good because these are tasty & firm, not watery
1 Red Onion – Lrg Diced
2 Tbsp Fresh Basil
Drizzle Olive Oil
Black Cracked Pepper
1/4 Cup Milk
100g Danish Feta Cheese
1/2 Cup Plain Flour
1. Peel and dice pumpkin up into 1 inch cubes, and place into a baking dish with onions and basil, dizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
2. Bake for 30-40 minutes until sightly golden (shown in above photo)
3. Prepare pan/s or tin with greased in butter and lined with puff pastry.
4. In a seperate bowl whisk in eggs, milk, and flour. Then add the feta cheese cubed.
5. In prepared tins, pan or dish place the pumpkin/onion mix divided evenly into each tart, then pour the liquid mixture into each one evenly.
6. Crack pepper over the top.
7. Place into the oven on 180 degrees and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden dpending on your oven this may take more or less.
8. Remove and serve. Or cool and place into containers in fridge for lunches.